Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Progression of a stir-fry

So as I type Emily is in "downtown Boone playing dress-up with her wedding dress. Meanwhile I am sitting in our ridiculously hot house waiting for her to call. Why is it ridiculously hot you might ask? See, we live in Boone. Boone is in the mountains and therefore is expected to have a cooler climate. This has not been the case recently. It's hot and we don't have air conditioning because why would you need AC in the mountains. So even with all the windows open and the fans going it's HOT. Two out of two dogs agree. So the other night I decided to make stir-fry. Now mind you, I haven't done this since Doliner, Arun, and I lived together. Suffice it to say it's been a long time. I think the pictures are pretty self explanatory. Emily helped prep everything and I cooked. She also made some 'flied lice' to go along with the regular white rice, it was very good.

I'm still looking for a job which is proving more difficult than I had thought. I have been calling and going by every lumber supply and woodworking store that I can find. It's all just a big waiting game. I did get a call back from the guy at Gum Ridge Mill and Flying Pig Furniture. He seems to want to hire me but I don't know if I want to make the commitment since Emily and I don't want to stay in the area forever.

1 comment:

Lora said...

2 things:
2 out of 2 dogs agree really made me laugh and i had this mental image of a big, slobbery, hot Bailey.

Why not go for the job? Even if it is temporary, it might be some good exposure and it would serve to not have any big gaps on your resume, and maybe it could open more new doors... you never know...