Monday, October 15, 2007

my breaks are becoming more prevalent than my working

today has been spent inside this house. i actually have only been outside to let the dogs out. otherwise, consider it my four-room cell. it's not all bad, cause i've gotten a lot done in the way of unpacking, the only thing that is discouraging is that there's more stuff than space in each room, i'm still not done, and i know andrew's bringing more for me to unpack when he gets in tonight. so i'm lukewarm about the whole subject.

i should have been planning the year school-wise, but i just haven't felt inspired. i know most of it is that i have had to unpack - and i'm not the kind of person who functions well in a disorderly home. i need to get everything at least straightened, though not necessarily decorated, to be able to focus on the task at hand. i did a good job of thinking about school while i unloaded the office, but i'm missing some very important notebooks relating to teaching that i've created/amassed/stolen from chapel hill... and i'm hoping they're at my mom's house, because otherwise i might have to cry.

i keep wanting to put pictures up on here, but now that we are in raleigh and actually have internet, i have no earthly idea where the cord to get the pictures off my camera and on to my computer is... sad day indeed. i thought perhaps one thing that might cheer me up after this arduous day of monotony would be to cook for a few people and, late as it may be when he gets home, have a small gathering with friends, andrew, good homemade food, and a bottle of wine, but alas, no one loves me and wants to come over tonight!

i guess now that i've rambled on somewhat depressingly for a few paragraphs, i should probably get back to work and try to finish unpacking these boxes before andrew brings more in when he gets home at 10.
::insert melodramatic statement here::

oh, and ps. the kitchen has no drawers. like... none. not a single drawer in the entire kitchen. no one thinks to check to see if the kitchen has drawers. in jackie's words: it's like asking if the house has a bathroom. nope, outhouse.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love you lots and I would have come over this evening if only I could have been transported as in Star Trek .. I think that the key words are "Beam me up, Emily!" or "Energize"??? That's the whole problem today - No energy whatsoever : ( I hope those notebooks are here at home too... : )

Jackie said...

Yeah sorry I was a bad friend. I was so freaking exhausted. And I did pack, so it wasn't a completely useless night. We will hang out this weekend. Keep blogging though, cause I will read it in Wilmington. :)

Anonymous said...

you're not a bad friend! but you better be at the party on saturday! :-)