considering that i seriously doubt they'd forward a magazine, i just went ahead and read it. on the cover, i was shocked to see jennifer love hewitt with some huge story about fatty paparazzi pictures and her vehement fight back in defense of her figure. i have always thought she has a beautiful, voluptuous shape with large breasts and healthy curves. i have especially appreciated her hanes commercials because i can identify with her struggle with bra straps and uncomfortable underwear (or at least with the marketing campaign that she so accurately represents). so when i saw that she was having to defend her figure, i was pretty shocked. the bad pictures were published in the magazine along with her interview. they are certainly unflattering, but it really actually made me feel great about myself because she is right around my height, and she admits to having thighs as her "problem area" and "cellulite on [her] butt" - it's just nice to know that someone who i think is incredibly beautiful has the same issues i do, and is also willing to stand up and defend her right to be happy and healthy. now don't get me wrong, i think the pictures are extremely unflattering, and the figure they feature is not my idea of perfection by any means, but i think that's the point. she's happy with herself and no one needs to be criticizing her. her official blog response to the photos and comments is below.
Thursday, November 29, 2007Blog: About the Hawaii Photos...
This is the last time I will address this subject.
I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image.
A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful.
What I should be doing is celebrating some of the best days of my life and my engagement to the man of my dreams, instead of having to deal with photographers taking invasive pictures from bad angles. I know what I look like, and so do my friends and family. And like all women out there should, I love my body.
To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini -- put it on and stay strong.
Xoxo
JLH

1 comment:
Yeah, I saw a blurb about this on one of the morning shows (?the View?) that I saw on one of my days off for chemo and meant to tell you about it - her response is RIGHT ON and I too am glad she is speaking out with some sanity in an insane world!
Post a Comment