So even though we don't have a 2 and 3 this is technically 4 based on what Emily has already posted. I figured I'd blog about the most recent things we've gotten done since it's right up my ally. Yesterday Emily and I spent the day at the house finishing up the sub floor. This is a necessary step b/c the previous top layer of sub floor was particle board which is not an acceptable underlayment for hardwoods. We had to measure, cut, and screw down 10 more pieces to complete the project. Despite what she thinks, Emily was a big help in measuring everything and getting it all laid out. She was also great and generally watching me and stopping me from making stupid mistakes. I knew it was going to be a big project and it sure was. Poor Emily kept hurting herself wether it was banging her elblows or cutting a gash in her hand she just couldn't catch a break.
I'll sum up the day from start to finish. We got up and went to the Home Depot in Knightdale which is a full store unlike the one in Garner which carries limited stock(who knew?) They have such a better selection of everything. We found the 97cents/sqft laminae floor we will probably end up putting in the office upstairs. After buying the thin set to put down the kitchen tile we went to pick up the tile saw and various other tools from Jerry. He has the saw from a previous tile project he had done. From there we went to the house to finish the sub floor(see above.) We had to break for dinner which was Mellow Mushroom and a quick run to the Cupcake ShoppE right before they closed. After we digested we went back to the house and stayed until 11ish to finish the sub floor. Emily cleaned the place up so it doesn't quite feel like as much of a construction site now. There are still 14 boxes of tile and 19 cases of hardwood sitting around though.
Tomorrow the hardwoods will get installed and then the carpet on Thursday. After those two things occur it will start feeling like a new house and we can start moving things in. Yay no more skanky floors!
I'm sure I've left some stuff out but that is the general progression of things yesterday. (I'll let Emily post the pictures since they are on her camera.)
3 comments:
After the awful floor you guys had in your Boone house, you are really going to enjoy the new ones...no more paint chips on your bodies, feet and clothing! Ha - skanky is a great description.
Ohh, a rare Andrew post! :)
yeah, we thought about painting the subfloor for all of about a second before deciding on hardwoods.
Post a Comment