Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yay for new jobs

So to fill in the readers who do not know, dormia filed bankruptcy under chapter 11 a week or so ago. They did this so that they can restructure and renegotiate leases at some of their stores. Supposedly they are staying open and operating at normal but that isn't how it seems. Things since then have been interesting at work. We aren't sure whether or not the delivery company is delivering people their beds. We had reports of them telling the customers that they no longer do business with dormia. Lets see, what else. Oh yeah the pay, it's a week late and I'm not hanging around to see if I get my next paycheck. Friday is going to be my last day. The two weeks notice thing goes out the window when I don't know if I'm going to get paid. Corporate is no longer sending inventory to the stores so that's not a good sign. 2 out of the 3 people in customer service have been laid off or quit.
So now for the good news. I was blessed with finding, interviewing, and getting offered my new job all within 4 days. Thanks to everyone who prayed or otherwise helped me in the job search. It is a display builder position with point concepts. They build stuff for trade shows, museums and who ever else wants fancy stuff. You can see some cool projects in the portfolio section of their website. I met the guy I'll be working with, Johan or Yohan (not sure which), and he is pretty cool. The owner, Dan, is also really nice and laid back. He is a state grad which is cool too. So here is to a long fruitful career doing something I love.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

That's WONDERFUL that you have a promising new job! I'm SOOO happy for you.

Rick said...

That's great news, Andrew! I hope this begins a long and enjoyable career.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congrats, Andrew. I think that looks like a much better fit for you than selling mattresses.