we went in for my dr's appt and everything looked good, and they told me they were probably overreacting and to stay on bedrest but it was all going well... and then we had the ultrasound, and it showed that our sweet baby is small - they said like low 5lbs, and that that means she's not getting what she should be from me, through the placenta, so they said we had to deliver today.
i cried, we convinced them to let us go home and pack, and i ate a little, and then we came back and checked into labor and delivery. by that time i was calm and even positive about the whole thing, but then dr tosky came in and was totally unencouraging. he basically told me i was "uninducable" because my cervix is, according to him, high and closed, although according to tuesday's exam that wasn't the case. he basically tried to tell me to just have a c-section, telling me that inducing me would take 18-24 hours and might not even result in a vaginal delivery, and that my chance of one was 50% or less. i told him i didn't care, i was not having a c-section right off the bat.
so here i sit/lay, stuck to the bed, stuck on the monitors, having pitocin contractions and having to pee... i'm trying to be positive, but it is definitely not what we'd hoped for.
i'll keep you updated.
1 comment:
Emily, Ashley's induction was similar. My doctor offered me a c-section in her office that morning. And I decided to try anyway. Mine ended up in a c-section anyway but I am still very happy that I tried. I hope you prove that doctor wrong and get the delivery you and Andrew want. Don't let them rush you if things are progressing slowly! Good luck and I will think about you and baby K tonight. Hope all goes well.
Post a Comment