Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Recently



Durham Bulls Athletic Park
Originally uploaded by minidisc8
Recently Emily and I have been taking a few trips down to the triangle area. On July 15th we went to a Durham Bulls game while in town. The game was alright but it was more fun to hang out with Emily and meet her friend Bob. One cool thing I learned was that the bull is from the old athletic park. If you hit the bull you win free steak if you hit the grass you win a salad, how exciting. Also when someone hits a home run the bull snorts smoke, it's eyes light up red and it's tail wags. Awesome.



Historic Tobacco District
Originally uploaded by minidisc8
After the game, which the Bulls won by a long shot, we went out to drink with Jessie and Norman. There is this really nice place to grab a drink in the Historic Tobacco District called Tyler's Tap Room. After some good drinks and some wings Emily and I got lost trying to get back to our TANK and took some pictures of the awesome scenery.









Blue Martini
Originally uploaded by minidisc8
The next trip down to the triangle was this past weekend. Since quitting my job I've had more time to spend with my soon-to-be bride. We got some climbing in at the Vertical Edge and had some dinner with Melissa and friends from the old apt. in Chapel Hill. After dinner we met Marc and Lora for drinks at the Blue Martini. Byron showed up later and a good night was had by all.










Lazy Dogs
Originally uploaded by minidisc8
Lastly I wanted to tell everyone that I'm hoping to get this job at a place called Gum Ridge Mill and Flying Pig Furniture. It's a really cool, small-business that makes furniture and flooring from reclaimed wood. The wood primarily comes from old barns that are scheduled to be destroyed. Everyone cross your fingers for me. I think it's going to be a great opportunity. The last picture sums up what the dogs have been up to lately.





EDIT: First two photos courtesy of Emily. Coding and formatting of pictures also courtesy of Emily.

No comments: