Monday, September 10, 2007

Filling in the details

"we had dinner[where i managed to spill my water on byron and then not a minute later drop the contents of my sub on the floor as well. I felt like a total klutz and in front of lots of people] and then headed out to some galleries. The dinner with marc and friends was fun. While the galleries were kind of weird it was good to drink lots of wine at mosaic.

The best part about the horse show was "chicken stick." Yes that is what was written on the white board menu. At first I was very skeptical of "chicken stick" but after Emily's reassurance and actually seeing the chicken this became our lunch. Basically "chicken stick" is just two chicken breast kabobs; who knew? The horse show was alright. I think i would have had a better time if it wasn't so freakin hot. It was fun to watch her friend ride. Such an unflappable girl.

Red Room was a great night. I think the entertainment was our waitress, Ebony. Really nice and helpful but we all think she was on crack or speed or both. It was also entertaining that every time she came out to our table her ridiculously fake pearl necklace had broken. Anyways, good food and company.

The weekend had some good climbing as Emily mentioned. We are both getting a lot better. It's good to be climbing on a semi-regular basis again. I love the Cary boulders aside from times when they are burning hot and scald the skin right off of your hands. I think Emily lost a few layers from climbing there.
Emily's first ever attempt at bouldering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would just like to say that this is an old picture of a long time ago when andrew and arun bouldered and i came straight from work (as a teacher) and hopped on the rock for like two seconds - barefoot and in a dress... :-P