
Pictured: Coolest firetruck ever.
Since I was a kid I've wanted to be a firefighter. I think this is a childhood dream for most boys. I've always been fascinated with fire/police/ems. I like the lights, sirens, and authority that these public servants have.
So last night Emily went out with her coworker Paige. Paige's husband, Jerry, is a Raleigh firefighter and has been for about 6 years. Upon hearing this Emily immediately told me NO. She knew what I was thinking. I really wanted to join Jerry as a firefighter. What sold Emily was hearing that if I were to die in a fire she would receive something like 5 million dollars. The schedule that Paige described wasn't too bad either. (on, off, on, off, on, off, off, off, off) So moral of the story, I want to fight fires. The bad news is that the new academy is starting in January and I missed the application deadline. It was back in August, while we were still living in Boone.
I've also got an interview with The Catering Company of CH. Here is the job description from craigslist. So we'll see how that goes.
The Catering Company, the leading area caterer and award winning event design company, has an immediate opening for a supervisor of our décor crew.
In this position, you will be responsible for building/repairing décor pieces; maintaining an inventory of décor items in a warehouse; and scheduling and directing staff to work both at the warehouse and on-site for installation/breakdown of events. You will direct teams in the installation of exhibits, displays, stage sets and décor. Detailed and deadline-oriented individual needed! You must have strong carpentry and basic engineering skills. We will look for you to lead by example, and experience supervising people is a plus; you will need a professional attitude and good communication skills. This is a hands-on position, which may require long hours during installations. Must be able to work nights and weekends. Must be able to climb ladders, lift 50 lbs, and demonstrate safe work habits using tools and equipment.
4 comments:
Sounds awesome actually. Or you could sell computers and ipods for mimimum wage. Or that.
It's never smart to be worth more dead than alive...
my dearest husband,
i will support you in whatever you desire to do... but if you die, i will be forced to kill you for abandoning me :-)
hehehe love you!
Rick wanted to be a volunteer fireman after meeting one of our neighbors who was a volunteer. This was right around the time Emily was born and, although normally very supportive of my hubby, I'm pretty sure I let him know in no uncertain terms that this was not an option with newborn child...I've worked with a few burn patients in my career and it is horrendously painful. Besides, I've only just gotten to know you and you are not allowed to get hurt or leave me now! : )
Post a Comment