Thursday, November 1, 2007

Job hunting sucks

So some of you may know that I'm not currently working. It may sound nice to most of you but it really isn't. Basically I have nothing to to and don't get paid for it. I need a job.
My options were working part time at Stewart theatre with no benefits or working apple retail part time with no benefits.
After talking to DJ at Stewart I found out that they really don't have the position open anymore due to Kevin not really leaving. So my option there is to be on the call list and work part part time. I also interviewed with Apple today and it wasn't what I was looking for either. It'd be selling my soul to Apple for 15-20 hours a week and making crap pay with no benefits.
These options aren't really cutting it. I need full time work that will offer me at least medical. It's been so hard to find something in the theatre field around here. I am still on hold with Theatre in the Park until Dec/Jan. I haven't heard anything back from Design Dimension. Those are about the only leads I have right now. Nothing good.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Hang in there kiddo - Something wonderful is bound to turn up for such a charming, talented guy like you...I know it's hard, but try to enjoy the free time now, 'cos as you know, once the work starts, it seems never-ending.... : ) You'll probably get 3 offers all at once; that's the way it usually goes - feast or famine!