Wednesday, February 6, 2008

traveling dmv

earlier this week, i tried - unsuccessfully - to finally get a driver's license with my correct name and address. i decided i'd do it on my workday since that'd be the ideal time to go. wrong. but today, i had a totally different experience when i went to the traveling dmv van behind megan's work. instead of going to some scary podunk dmv office, waiting for hours, and dealing with some angry fat guy behind the desk, i drove downtown, parked on the side of the road, and walked straight in an out of the dmv - even after pleasant interactions with the friendly older lady who was working the van.

not only did i get my new name and address on the card (and of course a terrible picture to go with it), but i don't have to renew it until 2016! insane.

after getting my license, i stopped in to visit megan's office. the government records building is not one i think i could stand to work in all day, but it's pretty cool that megan has her own office with a window and her name on the door - i should have taken a picture of that! but instead, i took a picture of us, standing in the office.

now off to yoga... followed by the carolina/duke game and hopefully lots of booze and desserts with andrew!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Now I remember Megan after seeing the picture! Please tell her hello for me. Glad you had a good experience...I had a horrible day from 9:30 to 4:30 at UNC - it was such a sucky day, I may not go there for radiation after all, but drive the longer distance to Durham where they were really nice and more efficient.

Lora Edwards said...

Ew. I need to make the DMV trip too. I've been putting that off. Maybe it'll be just as much fun as the Social Security office was!?!